Sunday, November 30, 2008

To write or to quilt

...that is the question. Sunday's are my normal "quilt days." I even have a quilt top waiting for me to work on. Oh, heck! I have about 20 of them. But the machine is already set up to be quilting one specific quilt and it's even stashed under the machine cover as it's really small. It's just that McKenna Ryan one that's getting large holes in it from the needle. Mind you, my quilting group all thinks that they'll go away when it's washed, or at least rinsed in hot water. They're probably right. I've also come to the conclusion that I need to switch my fusible web. I've always used Wonder Under, but it would appear that Steam a Seam 2 would be better (per many reviews and opinions of my fellow quilters). No problem there. My Wonder Under is almost gone so I can easily replace it with the other. It's just that I find those darn holes annoying and discouraging.

Okay, then writing. Oh, geez. Writing.com is one of the greatest things I've ever found. Unfortunately, one of the short stories that I released after working on it for only about 2 hours is getting torn apart. For good reason actually. It has grammar issues and one person pointed out that it threw him for a loop switching from first to third person. Mind you, I have those sections clearly delineated, but apparently that's not how you go about doing it. If I wanted it to stop bothering me, I should just either edit the silly thing or pull it off the site. Can you believe I can't even make a decision between those two things?! Geez! I'm such a goober sometimes.

So, while I'm getting wrapped up in a tight little knot over those 2 things, I'm stalemating myself. Even my house is such an incredible mess from my going into serious write mode the past 3 days that it's not helping any. It's so messy that I don't even know where to start there either!

I do think that it's time to get my act in gear. Time to set up a schedule I can adhere to that will take into account all of my necessary duties as a mother, teacher, quilter, and writer. There sure are a lot of things to work in there, aren't there?! I'd probably have to plan my day down to the last minute. Well, then I might have a clean house and still get everything else done. Yes, it might be time to seriously look into that.

With that, I think I'm off to go make a list of everything I need to get done every day and set up a plan. Wish me luck! At least it gets me out of having to choose where to start everywhere else in my life! *grin* But it might also jumpstart me to test out my new schedule theory. So in a way, it might be a good "waste" of time.

Now, I'm outta here for awhile! Hopefully I can 'force' myself to be productive today. Wish me luck!

No comments: