Sunday, November 16, 2008

Wrestling Tournaments

Well, I have the dubious honor of going to my very first wrestling tournament. In some ways it was actually fun. In others, it was a total pain. The team my sons are on is an incredible team. They absolutely dominated the entire tournament, though were weak in a few age/weight classes. Unfortunately, neither of my boys are up to their "standards" yet. However, after finding out that they are willing to start kids, for free, at age 3, well... They're really good by the time they reach age 5. Not to mention the fact that most of them have their fathers at home really working with them. Sometimes I really hate the Army.

Anyway! W finally wrestled yesterday. He lost his first 2 matches and won his last one. He was so thrilled. *grin* Maybe he'll try harder in practice now that he knows what it feels like to win. Unfortunately, G didn't win a single match. However, there was no one there in his weight class so he was wrestling guys who weighed anywhere from 5-10 pounds more than he did. That definitely gives a wrestler an unfair advantage. Add in the fact that some of those other kids also had anywhere from 1-3 years experience on him and it was absolutely no contest. Oh, well. He still fights so that's all his coach requires from him right now.

After we got home, I absolutely crashed for awhile. When I got up, I straightened up the house a bit because a friend came over for awhile. It was really great seeing him. Though I was still tired and the boys got so ramped up that they were almost literally bouncing off the walls. When he left, I put the kids to bed and sat and just chatted with hubby online for awhile.

That was really great. I got to share with him how the boys did in the tournament and all of that. Wrestling is his sport and that's the main reason why the boys are in it. Trust me, if I had my choice they'd be playing basketball. LOL However, I will admit that wrestling has to be the most exercise intense sport I've ever had the privilege of seeing. Wow! No wonder DH has always said that he worked harder in wrestling than he did for any other sport and why he used to make fun the the basketball players. LOL

Anyway! I have high hopes of doing something quilt related today. I'm just still trying to wake up. I guess yesterday still has me completely worn out. My boys were in 2 different gyms, so I was bouncing back and forth trying to catch them wrestling. Drag along a squirming 3 year old and you get tired really fast! It's nice to be home today and be able to relax. *smile* I'll go and see if I can't get a block or 2 done. Then I can post pictures later.

No comments: