Monday, November 3, 2008

Sylvia's Bridal Sampler

For awhile now, I've had the "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler - 5" as a tag line in my emails. The 5 stands for how many blocks I've made to date. Umm... That quilt has 140 blocks in it. I'd say that I'm 'slightly' behind on making them. *grin*

So, I have decided to make it a personal goal to keep doing the BOW, or Block of the Week, in the attempt to win one of the Elm Creek pins. How that works is that you email in a scan (or photo if you don't have a scanner) of your finished block every week before midnight CST. Then, you're entered into a drawing for an Elm Creek pin. One is given away every month. Of course, the more times your name is entered into the drawing, the more chances you have to win. You are usually up against 30 other people every week trying to win the honor of the pin. However, whether we win the pin or not, we still win. Want to know how? Because everyone is at least that many blocks closer to being finished with the quilt!

I downloaded the block this morning and I have it all measured out and ready to cut. It's block C-10 Night and Noon. In looking at the block, I have NO idea why it's carrying that name. Oh, well. It doesn't really matter. *grin* Maybe if it was made in different colors... Either way, it's a lovely paper pieced block. I have the fabrics all picked out and I will press them and cut them tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll sneak in block B-4 Children's Delight while I'm at it. Well, at least press the fabric and get it cut out anyway. It's a little hard to do a "leaders/enders" on it when I'm paper piecing due to the fact that I lose my 1/4" seam. I cheat... my sewing machine has a button on it that changes the position of my needle to a perfect 1/4" seam. I don't use that setting when paper piecing. So no "leaders/enders" while paper piecing.

With that, I need to go finish getting my kids ready to go to bed. I'm absolutely exhausted this evening. I do believe that an early bedtime is in order.

No comments: