Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Painting

Well, once more, I'm bringing out the paint to start going on and finishing up my living room. When I first started this project, we were getting close to fall. During that time, we have had some drastic temperatures that kept me from opening up our windows to air out our home while being painted. Today is one of the warmest days we've had since and it's to hit up in the 70s. So it's a perfect day to paint and get those windows opened. Tomorrow, it's supposed to go into the 60s, so if I get all of the base stuff done today, I might be able to do my faux painting tomorrow. Unfortunately, we're dropping back into the 30s on Thursday. Ugh. Nutty fall weather. If I play my cards right, I'll be ready for the final faux coat the next time we hit warm weather, if we do this year.

Unfortunately, while surveying the walls I'm going to paint today, I noticed that one of my children, most likely the youngest, attacked the wall with a crayon! Oh, that's so frustrating! So I've just spent a decent amount of time getting crayon off of a newly painted wall and a wall I have primer on. That primer sucked up the crayon big time! At least the new paint "let go" of it easily with minimal damage to the paint. It still irritates me and I had to go into the big ol' spiel of how we only color on paper.

With all of that, I'd better go change into my painting clothes and get this going. I need it all done by 4 this afternoon. After that, the temps start to drop and the windows will need to be closed again. Wish me luck! I think I'm going to need it.

No comments: