Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Writing Again

Well, tada! LOL I have been reading this great blog called the 10 Minute Writer. It has gotten me going on writing again. Oh, don't worry! I'm still quilting as well. It's amazing how much you can sneak in if you just do things a little at a time.

Anyway, I went out last night and did a search on writing contests. I really need to start writing more and getting it to others besides my mother and my husband. Mind you're they're great motivators as they love my stuff and they're always asking, "What comes next", but I need to share with others. I need to know what they think, both the good and the bad.

So, anyway, I discovered Writing.com. Great place so far. I haven't gone into it a whole lot, but I like what I see so far. If I keep liking it, I might even pay to upgrade my membership. I almost never do that so that's a fascinating thought. I currently have one thing written for the "newbie" contest. It's only for people who have joined within the past 3 months. I think it's to encourage them to get their work out there for others to see. Since I wrote it this morning, I'm giving it time to "cool off" before looking it over again. I know it needs editing but I have to give myself some distance to do that. I might not get it into this month's contest, but if they run it next month, I'll post it then.

I just wanted to share my excitement. To help keep my creative juices flowing, so to speak, I think I'll also attempt to blog every day. I was almost doing that this month anyway so it shouldn't be too hard to keep doing.

With that, I'm off to work on my December contest entry. I picked up a second one while I was out there and I'd like to attempt it. If I get it posted out there, I'll share it with anyone who wants to read it. *smile*

Until tomorrow then....

No comments: