Monday, November 24, 2008

Finishing Time!

Okay, that does it! I'm going to get serious about finishing up all these quilts I have around here. Last night, I sat and thought about why I never finish anything I start. That includes many things in my life, not just quilting. However, quilting is one of the easiest ones to tackle right now. It's the most tangible thing.

So now it's time to start finishing. I know that generally goes against the "quilter's way of life," but it's something I have to overcome. Any time I can get to my machine now, I'm going to work on quilting whatever it is I have next in line. For now, it's my Blue Star Banner. It's the closest to being complete. I just need to quilt in the phrase on the 2 long sides and then add the 3 straight lines at the top. After that, I will finish trimming it up and get the binding on it. That will be a lovely thing to work on in the evenings. *smile* If I really worked hard, I could probably have it finished within 2 days. I have to calculate in children, school hours, wrestling practice, etc. Maybe 3 days. *grin*

After that, I do believe my son's quilt will go into the line up. It's about half done being quilted as it is. If I work hard on it, I think I can have it ready for Christmas. That just means I can only work on it at night. Not to mention getting it out of my stack of stuff in my other son's room before he goes to bed. LOL Unfortunately, I traced out all the patterns I needed when I started to quilt it. We have since rearranged our home a few times and I know many of them were destroyed and/or lost in the process. So I get to figure out which ones I lost and get them traced again. Oh, well! It will give me something to do during our school hours.

With that, I guess I should get going, huh? Our school is over for the day and it's time for me to work on something else. I think I will get my shower out of the way, not to mention the dishes going in the dishwasher. I wonder... Is my tackling all these other chores a way for me to procrastinate against finishing? Or is it smart as I need to get dinner done and out of the way early tonight due to wrestling practice? Well, no matter what it means, none of it is going to get done with my sitting here! So I'm off!

No comments: