Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm a quilter!!

LOL Okay, I know, that's a silly title to a post, however, with as busy as my life is, I sometimes wonder at all this fabric in my living room. Not to mention the cutting table and 2 sewing machines. Today however, I proved that I really am a quilter. Well, sort of anyway. *grin* About 2-3 days ago, I pressed all the fabric I needed for 4 blocks I want to make. Two are for my SBS (Sylvia's Bridal Sampler), and two are for this beautiful BOM I'm doing, or rather trying to do.

This morning, before taking my oldest to his wrestling tournament, I swung out my cutting table and set it up. I normally keep it folded up to save room. Anyway, I got home from taking him to his tournament and just looked at my set up cutting table and meandered off. *grin* The reason why the rest of us didn't stay to watch him is that my middle son, W, has a nasty cold. I figured it wasn't fair of us to stay and watch G and infect everyone around us. Grandpa and Grandma were sweet enough to step in for us and take care of him for me.

Anyway, about an hour or so ago, I finally got in there and cut out ALL of the fabric I had ready. I'm actually excited by that. *grin* All of it is now separated out into little baggies for each block for when I'm ready to pull out my sewing machine. Geez! We really need to do something about the lack of room in our home. However, until we get a larger home, I don't see any way around my having to fold everything up all the time. Not to mention having to shove a recliner out of the way so that I can open up my main sewing cabinet. It's rather annoying and the reason why I don't quilt/sew more. It's easier getting to my computer so I'm on here a lot more than on my sewing machine.

I'm just thrilled that I got all that fabric cut before the sun went down and I lost my good light. *smile* Now, I just hope to get the one SBS block finished before tomorrow night. We'll see. Since W is sick, and I have something wrong with me as well, we won't be going to church tomorrow. So that gives me extra time to sew. Well, that is if I can get off my lazy behind and move furniture around. LOL

If I do finish a block up, I'll even post a picture. Isn't that exciting? LOL

No comments: