Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Blue Star Banner

Well, I finished a quilt. Okay, it's small, but it's still finished and it still counts! I have one smaller than this that's not finished yet. *grin* Mainly because the quilting necessary scares me. Anyway!

I made this in honor of my husband who joined the Army last year. This is an Armed Services Blue Star Banner. Each star is in honor of someone in your family who is in the military. I actually have the right to hang this in my window so everyone can see it, but I don't know if I will. Though it's a small quilt, I put a lot of quilting into it. I kind of want to be able to see it easily.



And there you have it! Both the front and the back. Of course I matched the colors on the front, but not the back. I have a difficult time getting my tension perfect so I just keep the same thread in both the top and the bobbin. It's sort of neat seeing it on the back.

So, that one is being marked off the list as being finished and I will see what I'll tackle next. Maybe the other small one with the intimidating quilting. I did cursive on this one so I don't see why I can't tackle the intricate details of the other. *grin*

No comments: