Thursday, November 13, 2008

Beware of Searching!!

Okay, so it goes like this. You hear something that reminds you of a quilt you started working on earlier in the year (or even further back in time) and you decide that you want to pull it back out and work on it. Only you're not 100% sure where it is. You remember seeing it stuck on a shelf in a closet and so off you go to find it. With a quick glance, you see it and you think, "Wow! For once that was easy." When you pull it out and take it to your machine to sort out the fabric and the pieces you already had cut, you notice that the part you already finished is missing. That of course leads to a "quilt hunt" of massive proportions for that finished section. You go back to the last area you saw it and start sorting through every single box you can find that might possibly hold that section. All you do find are 3 other quilt kits you'd love to work on, that hand pieced project that is looking a lot prettier now that you're about 1-2 years away from it, and a thousand other items. All of it leads to wanting to work on at least 5-6 other quilts and not the one you went to find in the first place. So, you're now totally distracted from what you went to find and the next thing you know, you're online looking for a simple pattern for a 2" hexagon piece to make a play ball for the cat! During that time, because you can't find that either, you remember that you had carefully hung those 2 long pieces on a hanger and hung it on the back of the door so that you wouldn't have to press them again later on. So up you jump and what do you know! When you look, you actually do find them, along with another quilt top you had hoped to start quilting soon. It's a miracle!! LOL

Now, surely this doesn't only happen to me, does it? At least the boxes I sorted through to find those pieces, which really were hung on the back of the door the entire time, are now cleaned up, reorganized and ready to be put back into the closet. The reason it's not back in the closet yet is that well... There are 3 quilt kits in there that I wouldn't mind at least getting the tops finished too. *grin* Never mind the fact that the first little quilt of the series, "Just Coffee" by McKenna Ryan, isn't quilted yet either. They're so quick and easy to put together, just the quilting intimidates me. Don't ask... To tell you the truth, I really need to focus almost 100% on the quilt I went to hunt for in the first place. *grin* It's actually for a very close friend of mine that I think will really need a comfort quilt soon.

With all of that, I'm going to go back out to my sewing area, hide the box with the 3 quilt kits in it (boy, I sure hope I can find it again later!), and start working solely on her quilt. Well, maybe after I finish a block I started a few days ago so I don't lose those pieces too. LOL Everyone have a great day! I hope to have a new quilt top in a few days. Wish me luck!

No comments: