Monday, November 3, 2008

Helping a Friend

Today, after taking our 'puppy' to the vet, I'm heading over to a friend's house to help her learn to use her 'new' sewing machine. She said that she's having problems with some of the stitches on it, so I'm going to see if there's anything I can do about that. Probably not that much as I don't know how to repair sewing machines. However, you never know until you look!

She only wants the machine to do some light sewing on. She apparently crafts cards and wants it to add stitching to that. I can't wait to see her cards. *smile* Then she might want to do some curtain making and possibly a dress or something like that. Her machine is stitching a straight stitch, so the other stuff will be fine. It's the lack of a zigzag that seems to be bothering her the most.

I think I'll take my little Kenmore Mini with me and let her play with that too. It's just sitting around here collecting dust. It has all the necessary stitches and a full-sized motor, so it will work great though it's smaller. It's hardly been used so it's just like brand new. Goodness knows I really don't need 3 sewing machines around here when I am the only one who actually sews.

I'm going to 'cheat' and take some of my quilt tops with me to show her what that's like. *grin* It never hurts to show someone! She's going to start sewing anyway, so let's show her the beautiful art of quilting. I wonder what I'll take? Maybe my son's finished quilt and my husband's finished quilt. Then I can take a few quilt tops that I have lying around here. Oddly enough, I don't have a lot lying around here right now. I always thought I did and my list shows that I'm working on a lot, but goodness knows I can't seem to find most of it. *sigh* The joys of constantly rearranging the rooms and going in and out of my quilting phase. Lately, it's been more out than in.

With all of that, I'd better get around to take the dog to the vet. I sure hope they can tell me what's causing her dry skin! She's been on fish oil pills that they gave her a month ago for this exact condition. I was to take her back if it didn't get any better. Obviously, it's not any better. When I went to groom her yesterday, her fur started coming out in large clumps. Just her undercoat, not the top coat, but still. I'm worried. Hopefully they'll figure it out.

No comments: