Saturday, September 13, 2008

What if...?

Here's an interesting "what if" for you. What if you made every single block on the Quilters Cache website? I was out there yesterday trying to place a block I was making. I never could find it, but that's okay. I was just curious if it had a name and it wasn't that big of a deal. It's an incredibly simple block and is part of many blocks. However, on page 54, Marsha announces that one of those blocks is her 1300th block. There are approximately 75 blocks that come after that. So, you'd need to make a minimum of 1375 blocks with Marsha lovingly adding more blocks all the time. Could anyone actually do it? I'm just curious. I'm actually almost curious enough to try it. LOL I would personally exempt myself from making several of the blocks just because I have already made them.

I have used her patterns for Irish Plaid (my example is actually on her site), and I did Nelson's Victory (one of my quilts is there too). I have done a few others. I think Comets is one of them. I'm pretty sure I've done more than that, but I can't think of them right now. Of course I've made many of the blocks just because I pulled the patterns from other places.

However, think of it. How many quilts could you make out of 1,375 blocks? Goodness! A lot comes to mind. *grin* A twin sized quilt I'm working on right now has 154 blocks in it. They're all 6" which is why it takes so many. So... Wow. I don't know. I might still have to try it. *grin* I want to know if I can make every single block on her site. I don't know if I'll actually do it. It just would be fun to try.

I know, I know. I'm weird like that. *grin* However, not this evening. I have a quilt already all cut out and awaiting piecing. I should get going on that if I want it finished before football season gets too cold. Or, in my case, over! LOL So I hope that everyone has a marvelous evening. I think I'll go see about starting to put that quilt together.

No comments: