Sunday, September 21, 2008

Progress

Well, I made a lot of progress today. I even changed my mind on the backing, again! I'm getting really good at that. Here's the reason why. It's even a good reason! *smile* As I was cutting the strips for the back of this quilt, I realized that the prints on all of them were printed horizontally instead of vertically. What I mean by that is that they didn't run selvage to selvage, but lengthwise. If I sewed them together to be a vertical strip on the back of my quilt, they'd all be sideways. That sort of bugged me since all of that fabric is of a patriotic theme. So, I vowed to be really careful in putting it together and keeping it going all the same direction. That way, it will be easier to look at and well... All be facing the same direction. I'm just AR enough to do it that way. *grin*

I ended up ironing and cutting 8 yards of fabric today! I even cut out the borders to the quilt while I had my cutting table set up. Needless to say, I was rather tired when I got done. I think it took me around 4 hours. Or somewhere in there. I took breaks periodically, of course, so I'm not sure how long it took me to just stand there and do it.

After dinner, I ended up taking a short nap. I've been running on short sleep hours all week long and it's catching up with me. I woke up and I've been drowsy and groggy ever since. My body keeps telling me to go back to bed. However, I want to do more work on this quilt. I want it done ASAP and that requires constant work on it. Unfortunately, we all know what happens if you try and quilt when you're tired. It's just not pretty. I'd end up spending quality time with my seam ripper (after I found it) when I was more awake tomorrow. So, to make up for the "no sew, no cut" rule I have when I'm tired, I've been slowly pinning the fabric together to get it ready for tomorrow's sewing. I sure hope that I'm not pinning anything together wrong! Otherwise, I'll still end up spending quality time with my seam ripper.

Hmm... Maybe I should just call it quits and get to bed. That way, my fabric is safe and I wouldn't have to go on an all out hunt for my seam ripper. *grin*

No comments: