Wednesday, September 24, 2008

To Quilt or not to Quilt

Yes, that is definitely the question this evening. I'm still working hard on that football quilt. Sorry for lack of pictures, but well... I'm like that when a quilt is in progress. For some reason, I never take any.

Anyway, this evening, I ended up with a humdinger of a headache. I got it earlier and it just kept getting worse. I finally 'diagnosed' it as tight muscles. I'm a naturally tense person and I find myself tensing up over everything. Everyone keeps telling me to over come that tendency, but I'd like them to live my life and see how tense they get! LOL

Of course, when I quilt, I constantly find my shoulders up around my ears. Every few sections of piecing, I have to remind myself to put my shoulders down. Same while reading, and even now while I'm typing on the computer. If I stress over tightening up my muscles, then I'll make it a source of tension in and of itself. Nasty dilemma, huh?

So I elected to warm up my "Bed Buddy" and watch TV. Really odd as I just received a brand new book in the mail today as well. It's the next in the Inheritance Series by Christopher Paolini. It's Brisinger if you're interested. Remember the movie "Eragon"? Well, it's loosely based on his first book of the same name. I had read the book first so couldn't enjoy the movie. People who did it the other way around loved both of them. Lucky people. *grin*

So here I am. Wanting to quilt, a new book to read, and I have a nasty headache that won't allow me to enjoy either! It's SO unfair! I guess I'll just have to live with it, won't I? I think I need to warm up my Bed Buddy one more time for my shoulders and just wait it out. Perhaps I can quilt tomorrow night. I won't stress over that as I already know that I won't finish this quilt in time for football season. Maybe I will finish it in time to be good padding for the bleachers for wrestling season. Hmmm... I sure hope that the colors aren't too off. LOL

Oh, as a note. A "Bed Buddy" is a rice-filled pack that you heat up in a microwave for sore muscles. I swear by mine! Best money I ever spent.

No comments: