Friday, September 12, 2008

Now what?

Well, as I was just telling a group of friends, today is a day made for quilting. We had a lovely rain storm come in last night and it has decided to hang around. Weather forecasts are saying that it will be here all day long. My oldest was supposed to have football practice this evening, but it will be canceled. Our city doesn't like having its fields destroyed in that manner. School will be a light day due to the way our program is set up. So now what? Well, I've been saying for some time now that I have felt the need to quilt building up. So, it's time to do something about it!

Now for the ultimate problem. What to work on?! I've only been quilting for about 7 years, but I've built up a lot of UFOs (Unfinished Objects) and ideas in that 7 years. Not to mention a lot of fabric.

I've been playing with the idea of making a quilt for football season as it gets colder. I'd make it a nice large one. However, our football season is over Oct. 18. Is it worth actually stressing out over getting one finished in time? I just couldn't tell you. Of course, it would still make a lovely quilt to just use from here on out. I just don't know if I want to put that kind of importance on it.

In trying to help myself with my dilemma, I went out to my best record of what I've done. That would be my Webshots album. I used to have this great journal that I'd been keeping of everything I'd been working on. Of course, I can't find the silly thing anymore. Then again, I did start one on paper... Hmm.... I wonder where that went? LOL It might be tucked on a shelf in my sewing cabinet.

Okay, that does it. If you can't tell, I'm completely clueless right now as to what I want to work on. There are the things that I WANT to work on and then there are the things that I SHOULD work on. Nasty things, those "shoulds" So, how about if I meander off now and go do some research. Then I might be able to narrow down what I want to do. Well, either that or drive myself completely insane. That's always possible too. *grin*

No comments: