Saturday, September 6, 2008

So Sad...

Okay, in the land of quilters, this is terribly sad. I was browsing a few sites that I like to look at for patterns and fabric and realized something. I'm still not interested in quilting! That is such a sad thing. I just can't seem to jump start my engine, so to speak, and start quilting again.

I don't know if it has anything to do with how my living room is organized. As that's where my quilting stuff is, that can be important. I organized it shortly after my desire to quilt died at the beginning of the summer so my idea wasn't to keep it easily accessible. Now there is so much piled over there that I probably couldn't use one of my machines even if I wanted to! The "joys" of living in a home where there just isn't enough room for everyone.

I guess that it's time for some serious reorganizing. Time to dig through things that we own and ask, "Do we really need this or is it just taking up space?" Of course, with quilting stuff, surely it's not taking up space. Then again, some things we bought way back when just isn't going to be used. At that point, I guess it's time to pass it on to someone who will, huh? Of course, I'm not sure where all of that is... My house is such a mess!

Before Labor Day weekend, my house didn't look all that bad. Then we went camping. When we came back, things just started to get flung everywhere when we got home. I now feel completely lost again. I think it's time to devote some time every day to organizing. I'll get my house back at some point, right? We'll just ignore my sons' bedrooms. I have one son whose stuff is 'leaking' out into the hallway. That has to be addressed. As for the rest of it? As long as the door can be shut on it, I'm cool with it. LOL I might tackle it after I get the rest of the house clean. That will take awhile. Maybe by the time I'm done with that my urge to quilt will return. That would be nice. Especially since I left my middle son's quilt about half way quilted. Isn't that nuts? I was going good on it and then BAM! The anti-quilting wall jumped up in front of me and that was the end of that!

As of today, I have no urge to make anything. That's incredibly unsettling to me as I normally have to work on something at all times. I guess my house is getting to me and smothering my creative ability. Yes. It is time to tackle my home and start getting it cleaned out. This is getting ridiculous!

Hmmm.... I wonder how long this is going to take? I actually find that a scary question!

No comments: