Saturday, September 27, 2008

Beauty in Simplicity

Today, I was going through Baum Textile's free patterns and discovered what my tastes are for the day. While I normally go for the flashier and more difficult quilts, I found myself falling for a pretty tan, white, and black quilt called "Colonial Beauty." It uses Windham's reproduction fabrics, but of those, I'm not a big fan of. So if I ever make it, I will just use what seems right to me at the time. "Colonial Beauty" reminds me of a simplistic tile floor. I don't know. It just really reached out to me this morning.

I actually find it interesting how our tastes in art or what we like changes from day to day. Mine can actually change from moment to moment! LOL I have started thinking the past few days that I want to make so many quilts and I have so little time. Perhaps it is time to focus on creating a few block 'kits' to take along with me to various places. When I have a moment, take it out and sew for awhile. Goodness knows I'm spending enough time at various sports practices this year and it's only going to get worse! I only have 2 boys in sports right now as the youngest is currently too young. That will change in another year or so.

Hmm... Speaking of sports, I'd better get a move on. I need to get ready to take my oldest to his football game.

No comments: