Saturday, May 31, 2008

HOAs are EVIL!!!

Do any of you live in an area where there's and HOA? I pray that you don't. They can be evil, horrible things. Ours is absolutely tyrannical! Just today, I got a notice in the mail from our HOA regarding a violation. It was because I dared to leave some trash bags up on our deck and other people could see them. They said that it hurt the "beauty" of our complex. That is such a laugh! Our streets are cracked and have potholes which they haven't bothered to have repaired since winter. Our "curbs" are a mess of cracking and crumbling concrete that the neighborhood kids will meander off with periodically. They even "fixed" a gap in one of the curbs with one of those movable curbs that they then put rebar through to hold in place. My guess it was because the kids liked to ride their bikes through that gap onto the grass. So let me tell you how lovely THAT looks. Sheesh!

I'm thinking back to the date that they cited that our trash was spotted on our deck. I remember now why I had the trash bags out there. We don't have a garbage disposer anymore. Our old one broke and it would cost us a small fortune to have our home brought up to code to put a new one in. So all of our food just goes into the trash. I obviously can't leave that in the house and I change out the trash every day. We have dumpsters across the street we put our trash into. However, we only have 2 small dumpsters over there that serve about 30 or so units. Our trash is taken twice a week. I remember that I couldn't put my trash in the dumpsters because they were overflowing. We get yelled at if we put it next to the dumpsters, but now I'm getting hollered at because I held on to it until they were dumped. Where else was I supposed to put my trash?

ARGH!! I'm just frustrated. Don't mind me too much. I'm going to call them on Monday and speak to them about this lame violation. Next time, I'll just put my trash next to the overflowing dumpsters and make them pay extra. Serve them right. At least then I'll know where some of our exorbitant HOA fees are going. Sput on them!

No comments: