Friday, May 30, 2008

Exercising

Well, I'm still not quilting, but life does go on. I'm not knitting right now either. I'm pretty much doing nothing. However, I did decide to exercise!

Okay, remember my post about being athletic and being blown away by that thought? Well, I came up with my very own exercise program, compliments of FlyLady. If you read that post, you'll see what I mean. To make it easier though, I'll just plug it in here again. I went out and bought the Dance Dance Revolution Supernova 2 system for our PS2. It's great! Today, I set it back on the beginner stage, but jumped it up to "basic" to make it more difficult. Oh, my gosh! I did about 2 or 3 "contests" and cleared 3 stages in each of them. When you're doing more steps with really high tempo songs, you can really get moving! I was almost sweating. You might find that amusing, but it's true. I'm one of those who doesn't sweat, I perspire. Doesn't that sound cheesy? *grin* It's true though. I can feel it, but it doesn't drip. I'm okay with that. LOL

Yesterday, I also bought a new pair of tennis shoes (they're actually running shoes), a jump rope, and this interesting dance tone video. It's 5 lessons with each lesson only being 10 minutes long. Each lesson focuses on a different part of the body to tone. Last night, I did both the upper body and the lower body exercises. Mainly because it didn't require me to do much dancing since my kids were in bed. It was a lot of fun. I've also been keeping up with my 6-Minute core strengthening program.

I can't even begin to tell you how much better I feel now. It's only been about a week since I started doing all of this and I can tell a difference already. Keep in mind that I didn't have to lose any weight first. My goal is to just tone up what I already have and then get a move on towards running, playing tennis, more swimming, etc. I just want to get into shape. To begin with, I'm eating 3 meals a day with sometimes a snack in there as well. Sometimes more than one snack. This is amazing for me because I've been eating only 1 meal a day for years! The next interesting thing is that I don't like junk food anymore. I know, really weird, huh? I was the junk food queen for ages. However, the other night, I just made frozen pizza for dinner. Really healthy, right? hahaha Anyway, after I got done eating it, I thought to myself, "Oh, why did I just eat all that grease?" It didn't taste as good and I hated putting that in my body. Even tonight, when I went looking for something to snack on, I passed up everything else and grabbed my dried cherries. Those are really yummy. *smile* I'm also drinking a lot more water. That's another amazing thing as I'll do almost anything to avoid drinking water. Now, I really like it.

Another big thing happened earlier today. We went to join our friends at the park and I put my 2 youngest sons' bikes into the car to take with us. Normally, I always think that those bikes are pretty heavy for their size. Today, I was very happy to notice that I didn't think they were heavy at all and I could lift them without any problems. Only 1 week in, but I already notice a difference. I'm so happy about that. I like seeing progress so quickly. *smile*

One minor problem this evening though... I've pushed myself a wee bit far the past 2 days and I'm really starting to feel it in my thighs. I don't know if I should just ignore it and work through it or give my legs a night off. I did do a lot of cardio with that dancing earlier. I could hold off and do my core muscle work tomorrow and start alternating them. That might be the best idea. *smile*

Well, I'm off to go and be lazy. *smile* I hope everyone has a marvelous evening.

No comments: