Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Time for a Break!

Well, I took today off of painting. Yesterday, I got all my stuff moved away from my large wall with the window in it and got it painted gray. I also totally taped off my long wall (it stretches from the front door all the way back to my bedroom) and got it ready. Then the other hallway wall got its final coat of paint. I even painted part of the long wall gray. It's actually going to be color washed (it's a faux paint technique) so that's going to take more time. In taking off the tape from the wall with the window, I noticed I messed up in a few areas, but that won't take much to attack with with a paint brush and fix it.

I'm getting there! Unfortunately, a cold front moved in and it's time to get the windows closed for awhile. So I think I get tomorrow off too. Oh, well. It's time to do the grocery shopping anyway and I need new light switch and outlet covers to put on the finished walls. Not to mention having them ready for the other walls for when they're finished.

I'm doing my best to not procrastinate over this. Really, I am! Just because I tend to do that doesn't mean I'll do it this time. Actually, I'm making it a goal to not do that.

Other than that, nothing much is going on around here. I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and pick up my new entertainment center tomorrow or not. I could switch my stuff over now since I need that away from my wall to get it ready to paint anyway. Then I can get the old one out of my house at the same time. I also should check on the area rug I want. It might be out of stock so I might need to backorder it. I'm not in any real hurry to get it in. It would just be nice to get it on sale. *grin*

I did do some hand piecing this evening. Just more work on my Joann BOM from way back when. I wonder when this one was put out anyway. Hmmm... There's a copyright of 2002 on the back of the instructions. Wow. My friend had this sitting in her house awhile before sending it to me. Then it sat around here for another year. *grin* It's been aging. It's good for quilts. *grin* I'd show pictures of my progress, but I'm hand piecing the entire thing. In hand piecing, you don't iron it until it's all finished. While I have 3 blocks finished, and a 4th almost done, I'm also going to hand piece the rest of it. So they look funny at the moment. But I need those seams nice and floppy while I'm working on it. I promise a picture when the top is finished. If it's ever finished. *grin* Another anti-procrastination goal, don't you think?

With that, I'm off to bed! Night!

No comments: