Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bored?

Well, to tell you the truth, I shouldn't be bored at all. I have so much to do around my house that I doubt that I could catch up with it all. At least not until the kids move out of the house. *smile* Then toss in all the quilts I want to make and I shouldn't have time to be bored until the day I die. However, there always comes that time where you just can't get started to save your life. That's where I'm at today. I tell myself that "I'm bored." But what I really think I mean is, "There's just too much to do and I don't know what to do first." That might be more correct.

We "did school" this morning. Then I did a load of laundry. I even have managed to sneak in a shower. *grin* I also made arrangements not to have my husband's watch fixed. I gave it to him for our wedding, but it was going to cost a small fortune to fix it. So, I'm off looking for a new watch that fits his lifestyle better. Not to mention the change in my own mind set on what we should be wearing. Trust me, it's changed a lot since I bought that first watch for him. This watch will fit him and his personality better. *smile*

So, you have my morning and afternoon in a nutshell. My evening went a bit different. I took my kids over to my in-laws house and let them take them for the evening. My FIL took my 2 older boys to wrestling practice and my MIL kept the youngest. I took off and went to have dinner with some homeschooling friends. We all belong to a Christian Homeschool group. I love that group and these ladies are incredible.

This evening, it was just a small group of us and it was a blast! I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. It was exactly what I needed right now.

During the conversation (which was steady for about 3.5 hours), one of the ladies brought up something interesting. Her sister likes to read blogs. One blog she reads belongs to someone she knows. She told her sister (my friend) that the lady is not like her blog. While her blog makes her sound like Super Woman, she isn't really. So then that brought up the conversation of, "How many people write in their blog what they wish their lives were and not what they really are?" Good question, don't you think?

I'd like to think that my blog pretty much tells it like it is. I feel no reason to hide behind a perfect image that isn't there. I attempt to get through each day as it comes and admit it when I fail. I mean, some people might think everything I do is pretty incredible. I mean, I'm a quilter, knitter, homeschool mom, and I get to play both Mom and Dad while my husband is away in the Army. However, there sure are days when life gets me down and it's anything but perfect. Any quilters who hit this blog looking for something are in for a shock. There aren't any marvelous quilts to look at and get inspiration from. There are many days when I have no time to even consider sewing. You want a marvelous quilt? Check back in about 10 years when my kids are more able to take care of themselves. *grin* For now, I quilt in small chunks of time. I almost never finish anything because that final finishing step takes forever! Or at least that's how it feels to me.

Nope. My blog tells it like it is with very few pictures. Pictures take time to put into place and I just don't feel like messing with it. *shrug* Too bad since I meant to share more pictures when I started this blog. Oh, well. I'm not going to let it bother me because it's just not that big of a deal.

Now, I need to go relax and see if I can't work some of this caffeine out of my system. When the person at Starbucks who is making your coffee asks if you want that extra shot in your Americano and it's 10 at night, maybe you should say no. LOL

No comments: