Monday, October 27, 2008

Anti-Machine

Well, it would appear that I'm against using my sewing machine right now. For the past 2 or so weeks, I've been exclusively hand piecing even though the blocks I'm working on are easy and could be done quickly by machine. I'm doing them while watching movies so that's mainly why. However, I finally picked out the fabrics needed for my "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler" block and I still don't want to do anything about it yet. I'm doing this out of scraps, so the fact that I finally got into my scrap bag was impressive. *grin* I pulled out a bunch of fabrics and put them into an empty plastic box so that I'd have them available for my other blocks. I currently have 9 of them printed out and waiting to be done.

I'm not sure when I'll get the current block done. I need to press the fabrics, cut them out, and sew them together. Whether I'll do it by machine or by hand I don't know yet. I usually mark my sewing lines on my hand pieced blocks so that takes extra time. Maybe it's just time to learn to eyeball the seam and call it good. The last time I tried that, I was actually pretty close. I'll think about it for future blocks.

I guess you could just say that I'm lazy at the moment. I think I'll set aside the fabrics I chose for this block for another day and go back to my Bible study. *smile* Besides, I don't have good light for cutting during the evening anyway. So yes, waiting until at least tomorrow morning is a grand idea! *grin* Hopefully, I'll have one to share before too long. I wanted to start this quilt ages ago and only have 5 currently done. Oh, well. It will get done eventually, I hope.

No comments: