Sunday, July 27, 2008

Writing Again...

Well, for many of you who might read this blog, this isn't that interesting of a topic for you. Feel free to skip it. *smile* For my family who knows me well, you might be interested.

I used to write stories all the time when I was younger. Sometimes I'd even let my mother or another close family member read them. I'd usually get great compliments on them and told how wonderful they were. Then that little 'voice' would pop up in my head and I'd think, "They're only saying that it's good because they're my family." For years, I've been ignoring all the grades I've gotten on my stories in various classes (all A's in case you're interested).

The one grade that I'm the most proud of is the one I received in my Science Fiction class in college. For our final project, we could turn in just about anything. I elected to write a short story. I think I was one of the few in the class who chose that route. I was dumb enough to start writing that story maybe 1 day before it was due. We were told about these projects at the beginning of class and I start it the day before. Okay, I'm not the most brilliant person in the world. LOL Anyway, when I got the story back, my teacher, who was a published author himself, had given me my final A on a work of fiction that I have written. He pointed out a few problem areas and informed me that the ending wasn't any good. Well, of course the ending wasn't good! I had to print it out and get it turned in! LOL That was the last piece of fiction I have ever written from beginning to end. Odd that it's the one that I'm the most proud of.

So, here I am! I'm now 32 years old and I'm finally going back to a dream I've held since I was about 12 or 13. I want to see at least one book I've written in print. I only want one. I don't need more than that. *smile* I am now looking into what it takes to actually write one of those 200+ page books. I'm finding out that it takes more detail than I've ever bothered with before. More information on how a person gets from point A to point B and everywhere in between. This is an interesting journey. Maybe I'll even finish it one day. *smile*

No comments: