Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Frustrated

You know, I don't have an actual blog where I can just sound off. So, keep in mind, if you want a blog on quilting, go somewhere else. I'm not in quilt mode at the moment so this blog is about everything but quilting. Quilting is just my main hobby and it made sense when I created it. How was I supposed to know that I'd go into "quilt lag" a little while later. Okay, I should know as it's a seasonal thing with me. As summer ends, and the heat abates, I will return to quilting. That's just how it is. *smile*

**Rant Warning - If you don't like it, don't read it**

I'm just frustrated over things I read. I'm frustrated over articles I read in the Army Times. I'm frustrated over seeing Obama's face every single time I turn around. I don't like the man, I don't like his views, I will not vote for him. So, I'm sick and tired of him. I'm voting for McCain. If you don't like it, tough. As a matter of fact, I'm the one taking the unpopular stance so who cares? It's my choice and you're not going to change my vote. Obama just isn't ready to be president. He doesn't understand enough about the issues to make a truly informed decision. You have to be willing to look at what has happened in the past, where the country is going, and make a decision. McCain does that, but no one wants to report on him. None of the reporters care what he's doing and therefore eliminate choice from the American people. Idiotical reporters.

I mean, how many of you know that Obama just wants to pour more money into a broken education system in the hopes it will fix it. That's what everyone does and it's not going to work. So stop doing it. I can give my children an exemplary education for about $500 each per year. So, what's wrong with the schools? They should be able to do the whole money thing better. He also wants to implement "voluntary" preschool programs for children. I homeschool so this really bugs me. It's only one step from "voluntary" to "mandatory." I have no desire to put my children into school when they're only 4 years old. McCain's view is much better. Put the power of education into the parents' hands. Let them change schools as they want every year. Let them take their hard earned tax dollars to the schools that do the best. MAKE those schools earn their money and help the students achieve their dreams and goals. That's called the "voucher system" in case you're wondering. Make the schools run like a business instead of some parasitic force in our country. It shouldn't be a place where we dump our children to get them out of the way so we can work. At least give your children a prime education so they can contribute to our society in the future. As it stands right now? I'm scared of the kids in our schools. They're barely learning anything anymore. As for homeschooling? McCain supports it 100%. You know... Obama doesn't mention that. With over 6 million homeschooling families in our country, you'd think he'd at least mention them.

I'll just avoid everything else that's bugging me about Obama. He's just not worth my time.

Now, I read the Army Times. I'm an Army Wife and I like keeping up with things there. Forget the dumb liberal reporters. They couldn't report a straight story if their life depended on it so I don't read the mainstay papers or watch the news. It's too painful. However, there is an article on the Army Times site today from the AP (which shows that it's going to be a dumb story) about the fact that there are few blacks in the upper ranks of the military. They're just attacking that one thing. Never mind the fact that not many blacks will enlist. If they do, few of them will go through officer training. Never mind the fact that they generally will not go into the jobs that will put them on the track for promotions. See? Stupid press. They love to ignore the facts and make the military look bad. If a person, black, white, or purple polka dotted, doesn't want to do a job that takes them up through the ranks, then there's nothing the military can do. They can't just hand them up through the ranks because of their color or religion or whatever. Talk about discrimination!!! That takes away promotions to people who have earned them because they don't want to "hurt someone's feelings." Get over it!!! Earn it or get out of the way and shut up!

I am currently raising 3 boys. Guess what? They're considered Caucasian. With all these new rules going in so that the other people who aren't Caucasian (or male) aren't discriminated against, they themselves are now being discriminated against. Let me know when this makes sense. What needs to happen is a blind hiring process. I swear it does. That way, it doesn't matter if someone is male or female, black, white, purple, green, or whatever. Only look at their training and the experience. Hire the best one for the job and call it good. If that means the best person was a white male over a black female, then fine! And don't you dare climb on me about this one. Don't you dare start hollering that the white male had more opportunities or jobs to get further in life. They have to work for it just as hard as everyone else. Anyone who sees a goal should go for it. Take the right paths to get there and anyone can succeed. Don't go off on me about a single family household and a mother who's never home (or whatever). We each make our choices. Break the chain or suffer in silence. Don't tell me about it! That's all we hear on the news anyway. It's getting OLD.

So there. You have my aggravation for the day.

No comments: