Thursday, December 4, 2008

NaNoWriMo

Well, NaNoWriMo, the official one, is over for this year. It runs during the month of November. However, I went and got Chris Baty's book, "No Plot? No Problem!" the other day and read it. It's basically a guide on how to do your own NNWM any month you want. Well, this is my time! I'm bringing to the table a partially finished book. Technically, that's a no-no, but since I write in the style that's suggested anyway (by the seat of your pants), I figured it didn't really matter. Besides, the 'book' is only 3,045 words long in its current form. Barely short story length.

My goal is to write every evening from 10:30 - 12:30. However, my goal is going to be 3-4 pages every night. I don't know if that will dig me out of my deficit or not. Since I'm starting it on the 4th day of the month, I'm technically supposed to have a total of 6,664 words by the end of the night. Well... that's an awful lot for one night. So maybe if I jump it up to 4 pages (handwritten, I do about 500 words/page) every night, then I might be able to catch up. Hmm... According to the math, I can. I'd actually clear the goal (50,000 words in 1 month) by several days. So, there you have it. Four pages per day will get me to my goal.

As me again in a month how I did. LOL Naw, if I "win," I'll be completely over the moon I'll be so happy. You'll definitely know. *grin*

Feel free to cheer me on. I might need it before too long. LOL

No comments: