Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Little About Me

I know that most people do this in their profile, but I tend to talk too much so I thought I'd do it in a regular post. *smile*

As of this moment, I'm 31 years old. I have been married now for 6 years, as of yesterday, to the most wonderful man in the world. Well, I think he is anyway. *smile* I also have 3 boys of my own and a step-son. Their ages are 3, 5, 9, and 13. Goodness. It's hard to think of them as being so old. They grow up so quickly. They just all pretty much had their birthdays too. How nice of them to all have been born so close together during the year. LOL I also homeschool my oldest, who's 9. My step-son is the one who's 13. I also have plans to continue homeschooling as long as possible.

When people hear how many kids I have, the fact that they're all boys, and that I homeschool, many ask me, "How do you find time to make such beautiful quilts?" All I can say is, "If it's important to you, you can find the time." Also, while waiting for my son to do his assignments in school, I sit with him (to make sure he stays on task) and I do a lot of handwork.

I prefer to do all of my appliqué by hand. I also know how to hand piece and hand quilt. It helps pass the time. I also know how to knit and do cross stitch. Yes, I do love the needle arts. *smile* There's just something I enjoy about doing it by hand without the aid of a machine. I find it incredibly peaceful and fulfilling.

I will have to admit that I have a tendency to not finish my quilts (or knitting projects or cross stitch pieces)... I have something like 19 quilt tops in various stages of completion. I'll get to them eventually. *grin* If not? Well, someone else can finish them after I die. LOL

Well, with that, I think I'll turn in for the night. There's definitely a lot more to our life than this, but this will do for now. Besides, the other part is fairly interesting and I'd like to leave something for another post!

No comments: