Sunday, June 15, 2008

Still not quilting...

Well, I had a wild urge earlier this week to make a lovely pillow for a friend of ours whose daughter graduated recently. However, the urge passed very quickly when my kids and home refused to let me near my fabric. Ever since I moved my quilting room out of the extra bedroom to spread my boys out more, I haven't had any urge to quilt. Now my fabric is spread between 2 rooms again and that makes it extra hard. Oh, well. Maybe I'll get to it this week. Last week, we had 5 baseball games scattered throughout the week. However, this week only has a total of 3 and 2 of them are on one day. That always makes it easier. *smile* Thank goodness baseball is almost over! LOL

However, I am still doing something crafty. I've always been fascinated by chain mail jewelry. I used to go to the Renaissance fairs all the time here in Colorado. There was always one large booth that had nothing but various jewelry made out of chain mail. Hobby Lobby carries small kits on how to make various jewelry out of gold and silver 'jump' rings. I bought one the other day and started working on it last night. When finished, it will be a really pretty 18" necklace. Well, I do keep dropping some of the rings so it might be quite a bit smaller when I finish it. LOL I keep dropping the silver rings, which there are half as many as the gold rings. All I know is that it's really tedious work, but makes the most beautiful weaves as you put them together. I might have to buy stuff to make a matching bracelet when this necklace is finished. Also, I have all these ideas in my head now of different types of necklaces using this same weave pattern. Though there are other kits out there on wire weaving. I might try one of those too. However, I really do like the things you can do with simple rings. I do find the process of opening and closing the rings after putting them together to be fun. I almost wonder if I could sell any of this stuff online. I might have to make something and try.

Anyway! I guess I'd better get around today. At some point, I will have my other 2 children returned to me. However, to get one of them, I'll probably have to drive to my in-laws to get him. That just means we'll spend a lot of time over there as my oldest has learned to use inline skates and they have the best place to learn. *smile* He'll be sure we stay for awhile. He's turning out to be pretty good on them. Makes me want my own pair of inline skates again. *grin*

Everyone have a terrific Father's Day. If you have your husband or father at home, be sure to show him you care.

No comments: