Monday, March 18, 2013

Thinking in Circles

I am thinking myself in circles today. I ended up with an empty hour with nothing to fill it. I was supposed to go to a doctor's appointment but I called and canceled it when the pest control guys showed up. I had to corral the pets for an hour while the spray dried. So, I'm waiting now.

The thinking in circles is this. The kids are still in school, hubby went to go take a nap. It's perfectly quiet in the house and it's weird. When this happens, I think too much. I have a knitting project almost finished. So close to finished I could easily finish it in a day. Okay, so do I work on that? Or there's my son's quilt. I finished the major sashing quilting last night. It's all done and the pins are out. So I'm studying the squares now and wondering if I really want to do the original design I picked out or if I want something different. Then my mind skips to the Craftsy 2012 Block of the Month I started last year. I still have 2 blocks cut and ready to be pieced there, not to mention 7 or 8 blocks sitting with their sashing ready to be quilted. I want to do the Free Motion Quilting a Sampler class on Craftsy and Leah uses these blocks. It would be awesome practice for me. I have some of the batting cut and ready, too. All I need to do is square up a piece of fabric for the backing and layer it. I'm using different fat quarters for the backing to use up more fabric and to make it more fun. I even have several fat quarters all pressed and ready to be squared up.

So, to help myself out, I decided to blog about it instead. LOL  I'm also waiting for my coffee to finish brewing so I can continue to think while sipping on that. I'm leaning towards squaring up some fabric and getting a BOM block ready to be quilted. I just need to load up my class and see which one is first as I'd like to do them in order.  There. I took the time to go look it up and here's my block one. It would appear it's the Greek Cross.


I suppose I need to go look now and see if THIS block has its sashing. LOL  If not, I definitely need to add that before I can quilt it. I was adding sashing in the order the blocks were made, but of course that's not how she decided to teach it.  Oh, well, I'll survive. :-)  I guess I'm off to check on that sashing and see what I need to do to get this started.

No comments: